Where can I find the manufacturing date on fire extinguishers?
The manufacturing date on a fire extinguisher can be located in one of multiple places.
- The bottom of the unit may have two-digit or four-digit number stamped into the cylinder.
- The manufacture date may be printed directly on the cylinder.
Here is how to read the numbers printed directly on the cylinder. For example:1205322062
- 1205 is the time on 24-hour clock
- 322 is the exact day of the year (November 18)
- 06 is the year
- 2 is the assembly line where it was manufactured
Where to find the model number on a fire extinguisher
The model number will be located on the label in the bottom right or left-hand corner. It will read MODEL before listing model information.
Where to find the serial number on a fire extinguisher
The serial number is located on the left-hand or right-hand side of the label, near the UL Listed logo. It will consist of 2 letters and 6 numbers. Example: XY 123456