Is your CO alarm trying to tell you something?
Carbon monoxide alarms monitor your home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are designed to provide accurate readings for the life of the alarm. But they don’t last forever. When your alarm nears its end of life, it will let you know by beeping 2 times every 30 seconds. Knowing how to identify these sounds and what they mean is essential to keeping your home safe.
Identifying the beep
- End-of-Life warning will chirp twice every 30 seconds after the product has reached it's end of life.
- Replacing the battery WON'T STOP the beep
- The beep will ONLY STOP when the alarm is out of power. It will NOT detect CO in this condition.
Kidde Help Center: Find out if your beeping alarm is in end-of-life.
End-Of-Life Warning: Required for your safety
In 2009, Underwriters Laboratories (UL), began requiring an end-of-life warning to alert homeowners when their CO alarm has reached the end of its useful life.
As an industry leader committed to safety, Kidde has included this feature in all of its CO alarms since 2001. Kidde CO alarms have a proven life of seven to ten years, depending on the model type.
As of 2013, ALL Kidde CO Alarms manufactured after 2013 have a 10 Year life and warranty, with the following exceptions.
Model KN-COEG-3 (900-0113) and KN-COPP-3-RC (900-0099)
Important Note! CO alarms do NOT detect the presence of CO when in end-of-life mode.Replace your CO alarms before the end-of-life warning. If you think your CO alarm is nearing its end-of-life, replace it today
*Models equipped with end-of-life hush feature can be temporarily silenced for 3-day intervals for a total of 30 days.
Help Center: Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is my smoke detector beeping or chirping every 30 seconds?
- Why does my smoke alarm keep going off for no reason?
- Why do my smoke detectors keep beeping or chirping?
- What does the E09 or ERR on my carbon monoxide detector display signify?
- How do I replace my smoke detector battery?
- How do I retrieve the error code from my carbon monoxide detector?
- What do I do if my carbon monoxide alarm sounds?
- Can I interconnect my Kidde detectors with other brands?
- Do I need to install my carbon monoxide alarm on the ceiling?
- Where do I go to recharge my fire extinguisher?