- We treat others the way we want to be treated.
- We put honesty, accountability, and ethics first.
- We strive to create an environment where all feel included, regardless of our differences.
- We constantly seek to develop, improve, and sustainably grow.
- We deliver on the merits of our products and services, with urgency and flawless execution.
Kidde was founded in 1917 by Walter Kidde – an entrepreneur driven to do things differently. And that inquisitive, innovative spirit is still with us today.
In 1928, Kidde secured the rights to the Rich system: a way to detect fires on ships and extinguish them using steam. But there was a problem. The steam also happened to destroy the ship’s cargo.
With an unending drive to solve the world’s challenges, he saw the opportunity to use carbon dioxide instead of steam, smothering the fire without damaging the cargo. Walter Kidde saw a problem and worked tirelessly until he found the solution, transforming how naval firefighting was done in the process.
Today, Kidde has grown to become a global business, now a part of Carrier. But that entrepreneurial mindset and appetite for innovation is still very much part of how we work.
It’s there in our uniquely personal approach to safety. We don’t believe in innovation for innovation’s sake. Instead, we listen to our customers and make sure we understand their concerns and needs – then apply our vast experience to create cutting-edge products that are rest assured to meet those needs.
For our customers, that means innovation that feels purposeful and meaningful – and products you can count on to keep your family safe.