- Sponsor: Walter Kidde Portable Equipment Inc. ("Kidde Fire Safety"), 1016 Corporate Park Dr., Mebane, NC 27302
- Eligibility: Kidde Fire Safety #NationalSelfieDay Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, and all United States territories and possessions), age 21 or older at the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories, and possessions and where otherwise taxed, prohibited, or restricted by law. Employees of the Sponsor or its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, advertising agencies, and their immediate families and household members are not eligible.
- Sweepstakes Entry Period: The Sweepstakes will begin on Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and will end on Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Sweepstakes Entry Period").
- To enter this promotion, you must: [outline how to enter]
- Enter via Facebook or Instagram: Enter to win with your Facebook or Instagram account. If you're not already a member, become a member of Facebook.com or Instagram.com and sign into your Facebook or Instagram account. Facebook and Instagram accounts are free. All Facebook or Instagram entry posts must be set to public to be eligible for an entry into the Sweepstakes. All terms and conditions of Facebook.com or Instagram.com apply.
- Post a selfie of you and your Kidde home safety product: When prompted and applicable, comment with or tag Kidde Fire Safety in a photo of you and your Kidde home safety product (fire, CO, air quality or other). Photo must feature a Kidde product. Entrant must be the person who took, and has full rights to, the photo. One entry per person per Facebook or Instagram account during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
- Only entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period and which are otherwise fully compliant with these Official Rules are "Valid Entries." Limit one (1) entry per person per Facebook or Instagram account during the Entry Period. In the event of a dispute involving entries submitted by multiple individuals using the same email account or address, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by the relevant Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entrants expressly agree to assume the risk of lost, late, incomplete, stolen, undelivered, garbled, or misdirected photos or entries. Participants understand that they are providing information to Sponsor, and not to Facebook. By submitting an Entry, entrant hereby grants permission for the Entry to be posted on Kidde Fire Safety website and social media channels for public viewing. Entrant agrees that Sponsor is not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry.
- Content: Each post and/or photo must be suitable for display and publication in all forms of media, including but not limited to the Internet, the World Wide Web, print, radio, and network, cable or satellite television broadcast. Accordingly, posts and/or photos may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that: (i) is sexually explicit or suggestive (e.g., nudity or pornography); violent or derogatory; profane; (ii) promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; (iii) features, advocates, suggests, condones, or treats in a humorous manner the excessive, underage or irresponsible consumption of beverage alcohol products; (iv) is obscene or offensive, including but not limited to words or symbols that might be considered offensive to individuals of any race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; (v) portrays Sponsor or Sponsor's brands or products in any way that may give rise to public contempt, scandal, disrepute or ridicule or that defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor or other people or companies; (vi) contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others; contains any personal identification; (vii) contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including songs, photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media; (viii) contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead; (ix) communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor associates; (x) violates any law; and/or (xi) does not comply with the DISCUS Code of Responsible Practices and the Pernod Ricard Code for Commercial Communication, including, but not limited to, posts and/or photos that promote overconsumption, or the irresponsible consumption of alcoholic beverages. Sponsor reserves the right to make determinations of suitability in its sole and absolute discretion, and to disqualify any entries it determines to be inappropriate for any of the reasons listed above, or for any other reason.
- Selection of Winners: On Thursday, June 23, 2022, Sponsor or an independent judging organization or entity designated by Sponsor will randomly select three (3) winners. Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to (i) verify any element of an entry, related materials or eligibility; (ii) not award a prize, if, in their sole discretion, they do not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Valid Entries. The potential winners will be notified via direct message or comment via Facebook or Instagram and must respond to the Sponsor via email or by phone number with their contact information; winners may also be contacted by telephone number, e-mail or postal mail using the information provided via Facebook or Instagram message. When applicable, if any email to potential winners is unavailable, a response to any given email is not received within five (5) business days of date of its issuance or potential winners do not comply with the Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor's discretion, awarded to another entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for unsuccessful efforts to notify any potential winner. Odds of winning depend on the total number of Valid Entries during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
- Prize: The winners will receive a new Smart Detection device featuring Kidde HomeSafe. This prize is valued at a retail price of $89.97:
- General Prize Conditions: Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Sponsor. No transfers, assignments, cash redemption, or substitutions are permitted, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value in its sole and absolute discretion. Prize award is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. All prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion.
- General: By participating, all entrants warrant and represent that they have complied in full with these official rules, including but not limited to all eligibility requirements, and further agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and/or the judging organization or entity, which are final and binding in all respects. Photocopies, facsimiles, incomplete or mechanically reproduced entries are not eligible. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated automatically or robotically, or by a script, macro or use of any automated device(s) are void. Neither Sponsor nor its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions and/or advertising or promotion entries are responsible for: (i) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor; (ii) hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, Internet Service Provider (ISP), wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions, failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted e-mail transmissions; inaccessibility of the website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the website; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from entering or otherwise participating in the Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes.
- License/Use of Photos/Publicity: By entering and submitting a photo, when applicable, each participant understands that the Sponsor is not acquiring participant's copyright in and to his or her photo, but Sponsor is being granted a perpetual, worldwide, fully paid-up and royalty-free right and license to use and share the photo, in whole or part, in any media now known or hereafter devised, including, without limitation, all Sponsor's affiliated digital and social media channels without any further approval, compensation, or notification.
- Warranty: By entering, each entrant warrants and represents (i) that the entrant owns all rights to the submission he/she is entering in this Sweepstakes; (ii) that the entrant grants full exhibition rights to the Sponsor as described in these Official Rules; (iii) and that his/her submission(s): (a) are original to the entrant and have been legally obtained and created, (b) do not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, or violate applicable laws, rules, regulations, or network standards; and (c) have not been entered in or won any previous Sweepstakes or awards.
- Assignment of Rights: If entrant's submission is randomly selected as a winner, entrant will be required to execute such documents as may be required by Sponsor to irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in the submission, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and forever waive all moral rights in the submission, any rights of privacy, intellectual property rights, and any other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Sponsor's use, alteration or modification of the submission or require the entrant's permission to use it for any purpose, and agrees to never sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor or any entity acting pursuant to Sponsor's direction for any use, or alteration of such submission.
- Releases: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, the winners agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotion agencies, franchises, fulfillment companies, dealers, retailers, present and former officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any and all claims, demands, expenses, losses and liabilities of any nature whatsoever caused or contributed to by entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto), participation in any prize-related activities, including any claims of third parties claiming infringement of trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy or defamation, and further agrees to release and indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from any and all claims that any commercial, advertising, presentation, web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes on the rights of entrant's work as contained in any submitted entry. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant irrevocably grants to Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, legal representatives, assignees, agents and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to copyright (as appropriate), reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse, without limitation, the entrant's name, address, image, voice, likeness, photos, statements, biographical material and entry/submission, including, but not limited to photos or other material contained in such entry/submission, as submitted or as edited, altered or modified in any way by the Sponsor or its designee(s) in the Sponsor's sole discretion in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation and without additional review, compensation, or approval from the entrant or any other party.
- Tax Information: All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner.
- Legal Warning: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER WITH OR VANDALIZE THE WEBSITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND NORTH CAROLINA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in North Carolina having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney's fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Campaign.) Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners' List: Available after July 21, 2022: For the list of prize winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Walter Kidde Portable Equipment Inc. #KiddePetSafety; Sweepstakes Winners' List, 1016 Corporate Park Dr., Mebane, N.C. 27302. Requests must be received no later than July 21, 2026 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Unsubscribe: Sponsor shares your concerns about the privacy of your personal information. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to receive marketing materials, communications and other materials from the Sponsor that Sponsor feels might interest entrants at a future time. An entrant not interested in receiving future promotional offers should email: [email protected] to notify the Sponsor that he or she does not desire to receive such materials.
- THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- By participating in this promotion, you agree to the Official Rules.
Kidde National Selfie Day SweepstakesOfficial Rules
MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO PARTICIPATE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. PLEASE READ THESE RULES BEFORE ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES AS THEY WILL BE BINDING ON ALL PARTIES.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH META (Facebook/Instagram).